Addresses: Big Canoe converted to a “911 address” system in 2013, with 911 address applied to all address posts outside of home. Delivery services (FedEx, UPS,etc) will deliver to your 911 address. U.S. Mail is not delivered to your home, but rather to the U.S. Postal Facility in the Big Canoe Village. Please call the Jasper Post Office 706/253-4300 to arrange for a Big Canoe Post Office Box for your mail, if you so desire. Lot numbers are used internally for POA billing, amenity charges, etc.
Utilities: Contact the following private companies for your utility setups:
- Cable TV/DSL – Windstream Cable – 800/251-6412(both counties)
- TDS -DSL, Dish TV (Pickens County Only) – 888-815-5992
- Electrical: Amicalola EMC – 706/253-5200(both counties).
- Telephone: Windstream – 800/251-6412(Dawson County); TDS – 888/722-7525 (Pickens County).
- Water: Big Canoe United Water – 706/268-3400(both counties).
Garbage/Recycling: Garbage/Recycle Center at the North Gate
Property Owner ID Cards: Your closing attorney must provide the following four items to the Big Canoe POA Accounting Office so they can enter you into the system and mail out a property owner ID card –
Confirmation that the seller has paid all monies due to the POA;
- Copy of settlement statement;
- Transfer fees; and,
- Waiver Letter from Developer (right of first refusal.)
- Cards and a new owner packages are mailed out each Friday after Big Canoe POA receives your documents from your attorney; if you cannot wait, bring the four items to the POA Accounting Office (in the Community Services/Maintenance Building behind the North Gate Recycle Area) Monday thru Friday9:00am – 4:30pm. You must show your owner ID card to change items to your account. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
Automated Gates: Property owners can get automated gate transponders for their autos by taking their property owner card and auto registration to either the Main or North Gate. Security will apply the transponder directly to your vehicle.
Amenity Cards: Amenities are optional in Big Canoe. Annual Amenity Cards can be purchased through the golf Pro Shop. Additionally, the Fitness Center can assist you with Fitness annual cards, Fitness daily rates and spa services. For new owners who have never purchased an amenity card, the POA will prorate your initial purchase. Only Amenity Cards are prorated; no services or rentals can be prorated. For daily fishing permits and boat rental, please call (706-268-3303), or go to the Lake Petit Marina. Other Services: Storage Yard: Please call the Canoe Lodge706/268-3346. Canoe Racks: Please call Lake Petit Marina. They also maintain the waiting list for in-water boat slips at the marina.
Home Services: Please call maintenance at 706/268-3390 if you would like a 911 identification post installed.
Key Releases: Please call the Accounting Dep’t. 706/268-1114 if you are interested in having Security keep a key to your home and releasing it to authorized individuals.
Communications: Big Canoe events are broadcast on cable channel 12 and via e-mail blasts; Smoke Signals and Inside The Gates are (print and on-line)
Architecture & Environment (AECD): Big Canoe is an architecturally and environmentally protected community. Before making an exterior change to your home or landscape, please call the AECD 706/268-3394. Also, Big Canoe is an Audubon Society Wildlife Sanctuary. You will be receiving a new owner package in the mail soon after the closing information is submitted to the POA. Until then if you have questions, please call the POA at 706/268-3346.