45 Flycatcher Point, Big Canoe
Fabulous Craftsman Home!
Superb quality and craftsmanship, thoughtful design and elegant comfort in this beautiful 4BDR/3.5BA Craftsman-Style home (plus large Guest Suite with Kitchenette, Full Bath above 2-Car Garage); meander through gorgeous gardens, or relax on multiple Decks, Patios, Screened Porches and enjoy lake, mountain views; convenient to Gates, amenities. This home has everything – and more!
An Introduction to:
45 Flycatcher Point, Big Canoe
Exceptional 4BDR/3.5BA (plus large Guest Suite with Full Bath, Kitchenette above 2-Car Garage) Craftsman-Style home designed by Wayne Bruce, privately located on .70AC (+/-) lake-view lot on quiet cul-de-sac street; convenient to Big Canoe gates and amenities; quality, craftsmanship, and value throughout; flowing floor-plan with well-sized, versatile rooms; multiple Decks, Screened Porches, Patios…….And oh, those magnificent walk-through Gardens!
- Pickens County; Lakeside Neighborhood (lot #1163);
- Convenient to Big Canoe gates and amenities; elevation: 1,730 feet (+/-)
- Located privately off Petit Ridge Drive on quiet cul-de-sac street;
- Rear of home faces NE, with views of Lake Petit and mountains;
- Entry: Level, 150’ long, extra-wide, concrete driveway (landscaped, stacked-stone border wall on one side, and gardens, double parking pad on the other) leads to this beautiful home and 2-Car Garage (connected via Breezeway);
- Exterior: Craftsman-Style design, with thoughtful use of textures, material and finishes;
- Hardi-Siding; base of house skirted in stacked fieldstone;
- Fieldstone walkway, covered Porch, two-step entry with wrought-iron handrail;
- Beautiful Craftsman-Style columns skirted with stacked-stone;
- Vaulted front entry ceiling finished in stained flat-plank wood;
- Multi-pitched roof with Gutter Guards, Wolf lighting-rod protection;
- Easy two-step entry Breezeway, side entry to home;
- Decks, Screened Porches on both levels – exterior connection via spiral stairway;
- Gardens: Designed and created through the creative collaboration of current homeowner with landscaper Cynthia Hendry, this miniature Gibbs Gardens has twice been featured on Big Canoe’s Garden Tour. Meander via fieldstone walkways through tiers of gorgeous flora and water features; meditate – or just enjoy the beauty – from multiple sitting areas; programmable irrigation system and water features throughout.
INTERIOR – MAIN LEVEL
The quality of this home’s interior is readily apparent from the moment you step through the wood-and-glass front door (with glass side panels and palladium window above) and into the open Foyer; the large, open concept Dining Room is on your left; the partially-open stairway (with landing and wrought-iron balusters) is on your right; a high wall of glass doors and palladium windows in the Living Room embrace the outdoors, and flood the area with natural light; fine-milled columns provide visual separation of rooms; hardwood floors, craftsmanship throughout.
The Main Level features spacious Living Room, open-concept Dining Room, open Kitchen with Breakfast Bar and Eat-In Area, Master Suite with private Screened Porch, Powder Room, Laundry/Mud Room, elevator access, and huge Deck
Living Room: Dramatic high-vaulted ceiling done in stained wide-plank wood brings definition to this spacious yet cozy area; change in ceiling lines of Dining Room, Kitchen, and Eat-In Area serve well to do the same; open to Foyer, Dining Room, Kitchen, and Eat-In Area.
- Hardwood floor; vaulted ceiling with drop fan/lighting;
- A floor-to-ceiling wall of windows and double glass doors to Deck;
- Floor-to-ceiling stacked-stone wood-burning fireplace with elevated hearth, stone mantel;
- Cherrywood cabinetry on either side of fireplace;
Powder Room: Private yet conveniently located between Living Room and Master Suite.
- Hardwood floor; bead-board wood skirts; pedestal sink
Dining Room: The open-concept Dining Room is separated from Foyer and Living Room via high-ceiling archways and Craftsman-Style columns.
- Comfortably seats 10+; ample room for large furniture pieces;
- Hardwood floor; framed trey ceiling with drop chandelier;
- Large Craftsman-Style windows (with transoms, millwork) provide natural light;
- Beautiful framed judge’s paneling in soft white aprons the room.
Kitchen/Eat-In Area (Pictured below): Openness to Eat-In and Living Area, convenience to Dining Room, natural light, thoughtful design, abundant work space and cabinetry, and high-end appliances make meal preparation a delight; large Breakfast Bar Island and spacious adjoining Eat-In Area makes casual dining a delight! All areas visually separated by change in ceiling lines.
- Kitchen features hardwood floors, natural/top-hat/drop/under-counter lighting, cherry-wood cabinetry, granite tops, 4-burner propane cooking surface, oversized double ovens with warming drawer, and large window over sink with views of gardens; convenient to Pantry/Laundry Room, Mud Room/Elevator Foyer, and Breezeway to Garage and Guest Suite.
- Eat-In Area is large enough for furniture pieces and to comfortably seat eight; features hardwood floors, finely milled coffered/tongue-and groove ceiling; two walls of windows (with transoms, Plantation Shutters) and double glass doors provide natural light, cross-ventilation, access to Deck, soothing sounds of water feature, and beautiful garden, mountain, and lake views.
Pantry/Laundry Room: Light and oversized, this area features closets and cabinetry for Pantry use and storage, a utility sink with ample counter space, and a large window with Plantation Shutters.
Mud Room/Elevator Foyer: This extended area was designed and constructed by Wayne Bruce and Curtis Burkett. It serves as a Mud Room, additional Storage, and access to the Elevator.
- Glass-door access to Breezeway/Garage/Guest Suite/Gardens
- Elevator to Terrace Level (near Family/Rec Room) has capacity of three people
Master Suite: This luxurious retreat is located on the opposite side of the Living Room from the Kitchen, with privacy enhanced via short hallway. Master Bedroom is spacious enough for Sitting Area and large furniture pieces, with large Screened Porch accessed via double glass doors; the Master Bath, on the opposite side of Bedroom, is elegant indeed.
- The Master Bedroom features a dramatic triple-trey ceiling (with fine millwork, recessed lighting, and drop fan/light), wall to wall carpeting, and floor-to-ceiling Craftsman-Style windows (with transoms and Plantation Shutters);
- The private, oversized Screened Porch is accessed via double glass doors from the Bedroom (offers access to Deck beyond), and features vaulted ceiling with stained wide-plank finish, diagonal plank floor – and provides serene views of Lake Petit and the mountains;
- The Master Bathroom is accessed via double doors, and features tile flooring, heightened and flowing ceiling lines, double vanities, beautiful cherry-wood cabinetry, jetted soaking tub with a large window above (with fine millwork, palladium and Plantation Shutters) and drop chandelier; separate glass, tiled shower, large walk-In Closet, Linen Closet, and commode room.
INTERIOR – TERRACE LEVEL
Accessed via semi-open stairway (with landing) from the Living Room, Terrace Level reflects the same quality, craftsmanship, and comfort found throughout this beautiful home – nine ft ceilings, abundant windows, and fine finishing touches. The Terrace Level features a well-sized Family-Rec Room, 3BDRs, 2BAs, Office, Elevator Foyer, Storage Room, and house-length Screened Porch.
Family-Rec Room: A wall of floor-to-ceiling windows/glass doors and heightened, stained wide-plank ceiling provide natural light and serene mountain views. Features include:
- Kitchenette/Wet Bar with cherry-wood cabinetry
- Floor-to-ceiling stacked-stone fireplace; stone mantel; custom cabinetry
- Double glass-door access to huge Screened Porch
- Wall-to-wall carpeting; nine-foot tongue-and-groove ceiling (drop fan, wide crown molding)
Terrace-Level Bedrooms (3) & Baths (2): All three Bedrooms are well sized (one actually a 2nd Master), and feature nine-foot ceilings with drop fan/light, wall-to-wall carpeting, multiple windows, good closet space; Full Bath on one side of Family/Rec Room (tile floor, tub/shower combo) serves two Bedrooms; Full Bath on other side (tile floor, shower) is Jack & Jill serving Bedroom and Office.
Office: Private from activity of Family/Rec Room; adjacent to Full Bath, with wide-entry convenience to Elevator and exterior (Garden Patio level)
Storage: Multiple storage areas on the Terrace Level include under-stairs, large Furnace Room off Family/Rec Room, Linen Closet, and Closets (two are walk-in) in each of the Bedrooms.
Enjoy the serene lake and mountain views while entertaining, relaxing, on this terrific house-length Screened Porch. Accessed from the Family/Rec Room or via spiral stairway from Main-Level Deck.
- Nine-foot ceiling with bead-board Dry-B-Lo system;
- Custom screening to enhance views
MULTI-USE SUITE ABOVE 2-CAR GARAGE
Guest Suite? Studio? Man-Cave?……This spacious area above the 2-Car Garage ideal for multiple uses. Accessed via interior stairway from Breezeway or Garage….Has its own HVAC, septic system.
- Full Bath (shower) with window;
- Kitchenette with sink, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, custom cabinetry;
- Slate floor; 9’ bead-board, beamed ceiling; tongue-and-groove wall features; windows on three walls
Additional Fine Features
No expense spared in creating this exceptional home….Receipts available to document that statement.
- Upgraded three-person Elevator;
- Heightened baseboards, fine millwork and wide crown molding;
- Bose Sound System (5.1 in house; 7.1 in Guest Suite);
- Nest Thermostats;
- Flo by Moen Irrigation System (programmable);
- Moen “Smart Valve” monitors entire plumbing system;
- Upgraded ceiling fans, Plantation Shutters throughout;
- Concrete driveway with 140’ of stacked-stone border;
- Concrete parking pad and retaining wall;
- Wolf Lightning Protection System;
- Instant Hot Water system;
- 500-gallon propane tank serves cook-top, grill, fireplaces; triple-system heat pump;
- Gutter Guards;
- Custom cherry-wood cabinetry;
- Creative Closet System in all Closets;
- Fieldstone pathways/patios, water features in Gardens
- Built in 2007 by Stuart Jones; Design and enhancements by Wayne Bruce, Curtis Burkett
(All information believed accurate but not warranted.)
Listing Realtor®: Linda Travis
O: 706.268.3011 | M: 404.285.7393