Elegant Country Living!
Beautiful 4+BDR/4.5BA Country-Traditional home on gentle 1.48AC+/- cul-de-sac lot in desirable Audubon Neighborhood; close to gates, amenities; spacious/versatile rooms, hardwood floors, abundant windows and storage; Main Level features LR, separate DR for 12+, open Kitchen, huge eat-in area/Keeping Room, Sunroom, Office, Master Suite. New roof, paint, c-tops, upgrades in 2018.
An Introduction to:
60 Sconti Point, Big Canoe
Pickens County; desirable Audubon Neighborhood (lot #2638);
Convenient to Big Canoe gates and amenities;
Generous setback on very gentle 1.48AC (+/-); Elevation: 1,500 feet (+/-);
Quiet cul-de-sac street – great for walking;
Corner lot (extends to Sconti Knoll);
Generous setback, thoughtful positioning among hardwoods, native flora;
Meandering, near-level driveway leads to attached 2-Car Garage, large turn-around;
Gentle flat-stone walkway extends from driveway to front door;
Hardi-plank, Hardi-shingle exterior with stacked-stone accenting;
Multi-pitch composite roof with dormers, window boxes, and gutters;
Extra wide decking starts at side of home, and extends the entire back side
INTERIOR – MAIN LEVEL
Spacious, light rooms and a flowing floor plan make the Main Level easy for entertaining or relaxed family living. Hardwood floors run throughout the Foyer, large Living Room, separate Dining Room, open Kitchen, Eat-In Area/Keeping Room, Sunroom, Office, and Master Suite – and then there’s the extra-wide, wraparound Deck with serene views. Entire Main Level painted in Spring 2018.
Foyer: Main entry via covered flat-stone front porch, the Foyer provides fitting introduction to the interior of this beautiful home. Sized to accommodate furniture pieces, the Foyer offers open entry to the Living Room, wide (with elliptical ceiling line) access to the Dining Room on your left, and double French-door access to the Office on your right.
Living Room: A wall of floor-to-ceiling windows flood the area with natural light, while offering serene views of the rear exterior.
- Hardwood floors; painted-beam ceiling;
- Flat-stone fireplace surrounded by fine millwork;
- Wide, elliptical entry to Keeping Room,
- Kitchen, eat-in area, and Sunroom beyond.
- Short hallway access to Master Suite, Powder Room, and Laundry Room.
Dining Room: On your left as you enter the Foyer is the light and spacious Dining Room. Designed to comfortably seat 12 and accommodate additional furniture pieces, the Dining Room features hardwood floors, fine millwork finishes, two floor-to-ceiling windows (with serene views to front exterior), and direct access to the Kitchen.
Office: Entry via double French-Doors from the opposite side of the Foyer, is the Office/Library featuring walls of floor-to-ceiling custom cabinetry and shelving, hardwood floors, beamed ceiling, and two floor-to-ceiling windows to front exterior’s peaceful views.
Keeping Room/Eat-In Area: A wall of floor-to-ceiling windows flood this spacious (approx. 16’x32’) yet cozy suite; current owners used as a combination Eat-In Area/Keeping Room, but optional uses abound. Wide elliptical entry from the Living Room on one end; French-Door access to the Sunroom on the other. Stairway to Terrace Level and direct access to Garage from this area. Features include hardwood floors, cross-beamed ceilings, gas-log fireplace, and glass-door access to rear Deck.
Kitchen: Abundant work space and storage, modern appliances, and step-saving design make this Kitchen a true chef’s delight! Open to the Eat-In Area/Keeping Room, with view into the Living Room and direct access to the Dining Room.
- New granite counter-tops, sinks and hardware in Spring 2018
- Walk-in Pantry, bead-board cover refrigerator, propane cook-top, and double ovens;
- Large center island with under-storage, and beautiful light fixture overhead;
- Custom cabinetry (freshly painted in 2018)with lazy-susan, desk, storage;
- Drop lighting between Eat-In Area and Kitchen;
Sunroom: Enjoy all-weather comfort in this spacious yet cozy Sunroom which is accessed from Keeping Room via French Doors.
- Two walls of floor-to-ceiling windows flood the Sunroom with natural light and offer views to side and rear exterior; open the windows and enjoy as breezy Screened Porch;
- Glass-door access to wrap-around Deck and driveway/parking pad;
- Hardwood floors; ceiling fan;
- Heat and AC for year-round comfort
Powder Room: Private, yet conveniently located near Living Area and Master Suite.
Laundry Room: Closeness to Master Suite provides convenience; abundant cabinetry and workspace; large sink; window keeps room naturally light.
Master Suite: Private, yet convenient to Living Area, the Master Suite features a spacious, light Bedroom and an elegant Bath.
- Plenty of room for king-size bed and additional furniture pieces;
- Hardwood floors; double ceiling fans/lights
- Wall of floor-to-ceiling windows
- Claw tub in elliptical cove; separate shower;
- Double vanities with custom cabinetry, new sinks, hardware, and granite counter-tops;
- Walk-In Closet;
- Large window provides natural light
INTERIOR – TERRACE LEVEL
Accessed via gentle stairway from the Keeping Room, the Terrace Level enjoys the same high-quality workmanship, fine finishes, flow, spaciousness, and versatility as the Main Level. This Level features a large Family Room/Rec Room, outstanding Billiard Room, one Bedroom, Bath, huge Workshop with exterior access, and abundant storage.
Family Room/Rec Room (Pictured above right): Wall of floor-to-ceiling windows and glass doors flood area with natural light, provide serene views, and provide access to covered Patio. Features include hardwood floors, two fans on beamed ceiling, and corner gas fireplace.
Billiard Room (Pictured above left): Accessed via French-Doors from Family/Rec Room, the large Billiard Room is ready for play ((table, light stay with house). Features include wet bar (with granite counter-top, sink, refrigerator, glass-front cabinetry), wall-to-wall carpeting, window, and mounted flat-screen TV (also stays with house).
Bedroom: Located on opposite side of Family/Rec Room from Billiard Room for privacy, this well-sized Bedroom features hardwood floors, a large window, ample closet space, and an adjacent Full-Bath with tub/shower combination.
Workshop: Huge area, with peg-board walls, cement flooring, multiple windows and exterior exit; large enough to make into Workshop and Crafts Room or Bedroom.
INTERIOR – UPPER LEVEL
Upper Level is accessed via partially-open stairway from Foyer/Living Room, and features two Bedrooms – each with Full Bath, Bonus Room, and large Sitting Room/Gallery, – all with hardwood floors, multiple windows. Walk-in access on this Level to massive “Attic” – unfinished, but floored, windowed, with 18’ cathedral ceiling – and ready for conversion to additional living space.
Additional Fine Features
- ¨ Beautiful millwork, crown molding, wide base-boards throughout
- ¨ Hardwood floors throughout (except in Billiard Room)
- ¨ Ceiling fans, upgraded sconces throughout;
- ¨ Plaster textured walls
- ¨ Zoned propane HVAC system
- ¨ 98-gallon water heater
- ¨ Abundant storage on all Levels
- ¨ Huge Workroom with exterior access
- ¨ Massive walk-in Attic with windows and 18’ cathedral ceiling
- ¨ New roof in 2018
- ¨ New granite counter-tops, sinks in Kitchen and Master Bath n 2018
- ¨ Complete interior freshly painted in 2018
(All information believed accurate but not warranted.)
Listing Agent: Linda G. Travis
O: 706-268-3011 | M: 404-285-7393