Rustic Beauty In A Perfect Getaway!
Absolutely charming 3BDR/2BA Plummer Cabin on .75AC (+/-) private cul-de-sac lot; updates, upgrades throughout – move-in condition; gentle driveway and entry; enjoy serene views, calming creek sounds from Screened Porch and huge Deck; wide-plank pine floors, beamed-cathedral ceilings, abundant windows; open country Kitchen has new tops, new LG/Bosch appliances. Wow!
An Introduction to:
56 Sleeping Fawn Knoll, Big Canoe GA
Want to get away from the “bustling sounds”?…..Need some quality “R&R”?…..Seeking a bit of tranquility?……You’ll find all that and more in this charming 3BDR/2BA Plummer-design country cabin on a private, gentle .75AC (+/-) lot surrounded by “clean” ground-cover, hardwoods, native flora, and soothing creek sounds; the perfect getaway, made even more appealing by the recent upgrades and updates throughout, and the move-in condition of this Big Canoe treasure.
- Dawson County; Indian Rocks Neighborhood; Lot 4003; elevation: 1,800’ (+/-)
- Quiet cul-de-sac street with plenty of privacy;
- Generous setback on gently-sloped, wooded .75AC (+/-) lot;
- Near-level driveway with pressure-treated retaining wall, turnaround, parking pads;
- Cedar exterior (painted in 2019); composite roof;
- Rocking-chair Front Porch; Screened Porch; huge rear Deck;
INTERIOR – MAIN LEVEL
Light, open, and user-friendly, the Main Level features entry Foyer, 2-story Great Room, Dining Area, renovated Country Kitchen, BDR/Bath, Laundry facility, Screened Porch, and Deck.
Great Room/Dining Area: A wall of floor-to-ceiling windows (plus skylights, additional windows) flood entire area with natural light, while offering serene views of the rear exterior. Seller (certified builder) put up a non-load-bearing interior wall (pictured below left)to create additional Bedroom…..Seller will remove if Buyer prefers even larger Great Room.
- Wide-pine floors (sanded, stained in 2019);
- Beamed, pine, cathedral ceiling with fan;
- Floor-to-ceiling stacked-stone fireplace (with gas starter);
Kitchen: Open and light with easy access to Great Room/Dining Area; large window over sink (2014) provides enhanced natural light and front exterior views; features include:
- Wide-pine floor (sanded, stained in 2019); nine-foot ceiling with overhead lights
- Custom cabinetry (replaced/upgrade in 2014)
- Silestone countertops; tile backsplashes (2014)
- Large, hammered-copper “farmhouse” sink with disposal (2014)
- LG and Bosch stainless steel appliances (2014)
Full Bath: Located within added Bedroom, this full Bathroom was totally renovated in 2019 (tile flooring, shower/showerheads, vanities, mirrors, lighting, and commode), and features a large tile shower. Easily accessible from Great Room.
INTERIOR – UPPER LEVEL
The Upper Level is accessed via gentle, open stairway from the Great Room, and features two Bedrooms (partially open Loft-Bedroom pictured below, with 2nd Bedroom in background)), with Full Bath and open loft “Bridgeway” in between. Entire area (including stairway) newly carpeted in 2019.
- Loft Bedroom is partially open (overlooks Great Room), and features beamed, pine, cathedral ceiling with large skylight; closet; and, large window on 2nd wall;
- 2nd Upper-Level Bedroom is well-sized, with vaulted ceiling, windows on two walls, and closet;
- Upper-Level Full Bath has tub/shower combination, and was totally renovated top-to-bottom in 2019; skylight in pine ceiling.
56 Sleeping Fawn Knoll features two wonderful indoor/outdoor area for entertaining, casual meals, or just relaxing while enjoying the views and sounds of the creek and surrounding nature. The Screened Porch is accessed from the Dining/Kitchen area via double glass doors, and features 10-foot ceiling (with new fan/light kit), and screens on three walls for maximum ventilation.
The huge Rear Deck runs the entire length of the house, with wide stairs to ground level on one end. It was literally built around the trunk of a large, mature hardwood, and is accessed through the Great Room/Bedroom and the Screened Porch. Built-in wide-bench seating in 25’ section lends convenience;
Additional Fine Features
- Upgrades, updates throughout (2014-2019)
- Interior and exterior painted in 2019
- Beautifully maintained – move-in condition
- Plummer Design (a Big Canoe treasure) built in 1980
- “All-house fan” and multiple ceiling fans
(Information believed accurate but not warranted.)
FMLS # 6604508
Listing Agent: Linda Travis
O: 706-268-3011 | M: 404-285-7393