Fabulous 4BDR/4.5BA Mountain Home!
Enjoy total privacy and views into Amicalola Falls; Fireside log exterior; tongue-and-groove cathedral ceilings; golden teak solid hardwood floors and abundant windows; oversized rooms; wraparound porch;
renovations, upgrades, fine features, quality, and value throughout!
A rare find in Big Canoe is this fabulous 4BDR/4.5BA log home offering privacy, comfort, fine features, upgrades, updates, views, value—and significant, recent renovation.
Dawson County; Wet Mountain Neighborhood
Exceptional privacy at end of quiet cul-de-sac street
Northern views into Amicalola Falls
Elevation: 2,300 feet (+/-); Lot size: .90AC (+/-)
Constructed with quality Fireside Log, this handsome home’s curb appeal is enhance by the multiple dormers; the tin-roofed wraparound porch with level entry; house-length Screened Porches on two levels, huge parking pad, and the surrounding hardwoods and native flora.
Interior – Main Level
Family and guests alike will enjoy the warmth, flow, the oversized living areas, and the privacy of four spacious Bedrooms—each with its own Full Bath. The Main Level is light, open, and user-friendly, with new hand-scraped golden-teak hardwood floors, and abundant windows. Tin-roofed Front Porch (it wraps around house) provides warm welcome, and reflects charm to be found within. Main Level features 2-story Great Room with massive stone fireplace; large, renovated Kitchen that opens to spacious Dining Area (with glass-door access to Screened Porch for casual meals); large Bedroom with private Bath; and Powder Room.
- Spacious yet cozy, the Great Room is the heart of this beautiful home.
- 2-Story, with tongue-and-groove cathedral ceiling; exposed beams; three chandeliers;
- Hand-scraped Golden-Teak solid hardwood floors installed in 2011;
- Large floor-to-ceiling, wood-burning stone fireplace;
- Abundant windows; glass-door access to Deck and Screened Porch.
Kitchen: Spacious, open, view to front and rear of home—and totally renovated in 2011; features hand-scraped golden-teak hardwood floors, copper-inlaid ceiling with exposed beams; granite countertops, design-tile backsplashes, abundant work-space and storage, and new, upgraded appliances; center-island done in distressed black wood; double ovens (one self-clean with clear-surface top); microwave.
Dining Area: Located directly off Great Room, and open to the Kitchen, the Dining Area is great for family meals and entertaining. Ample room to seat 10, with extra for furniture pieces. Double glass-door access to Screened Porch allows for casual meals or expanded guest-list. Features include new hand-scraped golden-teak hardwood floors and tongue-and-groove ceiling with exposed beams.
Interior – Upper Level
The upper level of home is accessed via open stairway from the Great Room, and features a private, oversized Master Bedroom with large Full Bath and plenty of closet space.
Interior – Terrace Level
Features a Rec Room, Kitchenette/Wet Bar, two private, spacious Bedrooms – each with Full Bath, a house-length Screened Porch with beautiful views, Laundry Room, and plentiful storage.
Kitchenette/Wet Bar: features include sink, stove-top, refrigerator, and abundant cabinetry.
2Bedrooms/2 Baths: Each spacious Bedroom has large walk-in closets and wall-to-wall carpeting, and direct access to Screened Porch; private Baths with new tile flooring, double vanities, tub/shower combination (one has Jacuzzi Garden Tub).
- Spacious enough for king-sized bed, furniture, and dormered Sitting Area;
- Tongue-and-groove cathedral ceiling with exposed beams; wall-to-wall carpeting;
- Wall of windows floods room with natural light and provides beautiful views;
- Large Bath has new tile floor, double vanities, Jacuzzi Garden Tub, shower.
Additional Fine Features & Enhancements
- Ceiling fans throughout;
- Tin roof on Main-Level Porch is insulated; three ceiling fans;
- Terrace-Level Screened Porch has “Dry Below” ceiling;
- Two heat pumps;
- Grilling Deck off Main-Level Screened Porch;
- Bathrooms have extra heating capabilities;
- Renovations/Enhancements in 2011:
- Hand-Scraped Golden Teak hardwood floors installed on Main Level
- Kitchen totally renovated (floor, cabinetry, granite tops, lighting, sink, appliances)
- Tile flooring installed in Bathrooms
- New lighting and faucets in all four Bathrooms
- Home exterior and interior painted
- Furniture and furnishings available outside of contract
- Built in 1989 by Ben Johnson
(Information believed accurate but not warranted.)