A House of “Wows”!
Unique and spectacular 3BDR/3.5BA home on premier “island” lot in desirable Audubon Neighborhood, convenient to gates and amenities; highest quality construction and finishing work, with only the best material used; light, open and flowing floor plan, with large, versatile rooms; indoor, heated “Resistance Pool”; impeccably maintained; priced well below assessed value; truly a must see!
A true one-of-a kind home in so many ways – from the desirable, convenient location on a gentle, wooded “island” lot in the Audubon Neighborhood; to the uniquely beautiful open, light, and user-friendly design, the quality construction and finishing work; the “best-of” material used (ash hardwood flooring, Vermont-pine beamed, tongue-groove ceilings, and Georgia marble to name a few); to the incredible value…..An absolute “must see” for the discerning buyer.
Pickens County; Audubon Neighborhood (lot #2602)
Lot size: .90AC (+/-); Elevation: 1,700 feet (+/-)
Thoughtfully positioned on gentle, wooded lot at point of Summit Drive “island”
Convenient to Big Canoe North Gate and amenities
Front of home faces Southeast;
Sealed high-grade cedar siding; composite roof;
Attached, 2-Car Garage (space for easy addition of 3rd);
Long, gentle driveway with access to/from Summit Drive West and Summit Drive East;
Beveled-glass door and sidelights at Main Entry;
Covered Front Porch; multiple Decks; large flat-stone Patio off Terrace Level;
Interior – Main Level
Introduction to the Main Level is via the oversized Foyer featuring ash-hardwood and marble floor and a Closet on either side (designed to accommodate elevator shafts if desired). On your left is a short hallway to the Family Room/Den/Sunroom Suite – with access to a large Deck; on your right is the Kitchen, Laundry Room/Green House and Garage access; and straight ahead – just beyond the open circular stairway to the Upper Level’s Master Suite – is the beautiful Living/Dining Area. As you pass the stairway, look up – and enjoy the stunning cupola! (Pictured below)
- 2+ story, octagon-shaped walls, ceiling line;
- Beamed, Vermont-pine, tongue-and-groove ceiling;
- Palladium windows at top of walls flood area with natural light;
- Dramatic wall lines ideal for display of art or favorite photographs; wall-mounted lighting
Living/Dining Area: The size and curved shape of this “Great” room allows for three different, yet connected, opportunities. The Dining Area sits off to the right, with easy access to Butler’s Pantry and Kitchen; the center area is dramatic, with heightened, beamed ceiling and window design that accentuates the marble fireplace – and can be open or separate from third area for additional seating, entertaining, TV viewing, etc.
- Ash hardwood floor;
- Vaulted, beamed, tongue-and-groove ceilings with multiple fans;
- Walls of floor-to-ceiling Pella windows, glass-door access to oversized Deck;
- Transoms above windows, doors; triangular palladiums on high-pitched ceiling point;
- Large marble fireplace with built-in window seat on either side;
- Dining Area can be sized to preference; ample room for serving pieces, etc.
- Butler’s Pantry located between Dining Area and Kitchen
Family Room/Den/Sunroom Suite: A change in ceiling line, accentuated by wall columns and a large cross-beam, allows this spacious area to be used as a single Family/Rec Room, or a Suite of multi-purpose rooms – Family Room, Sunroom, Studio, Office, GameRoom, Guest Suite, etc.
- Ash hardwood floor;
- Stacked-stone fireplace;
- Hallway into area provides additional privacy;
- Built-in corner cabinet;
- “2nd Room” has three walls of floor-to-ceiling windows and access to large Deck
SunRoom: Accessed from Eat-In Kitchen through ellipse-ceiling entry, the SunRoom is ideal for casual visits or just relaxing…….or conversion to Office or Studio.
- Tile flooring; drop in ceiling line creates cozy atmosphere;
- Direct access to Screened Porch and spacious rear Deck beyond;
- Two walls of large windows (with Plantation Shutters) provide natural light and cross-ventilation;
Dining Area: Ideal for casual dining and entertaining; open to Living Room, Kitchen, and Screen Porch. Wide entry from Living Room is framed by beautiful millwork, affording column effect and subtle room division.
- Three floor-to-ceiling windows with overhead transoms provide natural light and mountain views;
- Double French Doors (with paned sidelights) lead to Screen Porch and Deck.
- Hardwood floors and chair rail add to finishing touches;
- Raised Breakfast Bar separate Dining Area from Kitchen.
Kitchen: Step-saving design, natural light, quality appliances, and abundant cabinetry, drawer and counter space make cooking and entertaining a joy; open to Dining Area; convenient to Pantry, Laundry Room, Powder Room and Breezeway to 2-Car Garage.
- Corian countertops;
- French-glazed cabinetry (with Lazy Susan), and matching refrigerator panel;
- Propane cook-top, built-in Kitchen-Aide oven and microwave;
- Large elliptical palladium window over sink;
- Recessed lighting, under-counter lighting, and decorative fluorescent lighting.
Powder Room: Private yet convenient to Living Areas. Features ash hardwood floor and pedestal sink
Eat-In Kitchen: The natural light, spacious size, step-saving design, abundant workspace, and top-quality appliances (Sub-Zero, Thermador) make this Eat-In Kitchen a chef’s delight, and is great for entertaining or enjoying casual meals. Mere steps away from the Dining Area, with direct access (via glass doors) to Deck and convenience to Kitchen-level Garage. Eat-In area is built-in under wide, wood-framed bay windows. Floors are ash hardwood.
- All countertops are high-grade, pink-veined marble from Tate, GA;
- Stained custom cabinetry with glass-fronts on upper; deep drawers on lower; tile backsplashes;
- Double-sink with upgraded fixtures;
- Large center-island with flat-surface cooktop, veggie/bar sink, abundant workspace and storage;
- Conventional//Convection/Microwave ovens;
Laundry Room/Mud Room/Pantry/Greenhouse: Sheer size, thoughtful layout and features, and convenient location between Kitchen and Garage means this is not your average Laundry Room, but rather the perfect multi-purpose room.
- Tongue-and-groove cathedral ceiling with two large skylights; tile flooring;
- Angular wall of large windows;
- Large utility sink;
- Abundant cabinetry, Pantry, coat closet,
- Large center island with workspace, storage;
- Sub-Zero Freezer;
- Sitting area with shoe-drawers
Wrap-Around Deck: Extra wide, and ideal for entertaining, casual meals, or just relaxing, the Main-Level Wrap-Around Deck can be accessed from the Living/Dining Area, Family Room/Sunroom Suite, and the Eat-In Kitchen.
Interior – Upper Level
The Upper Level’s Master Suite of luxurious rooms provides a true retreat at the end of the day, and is accessed via the open, wide, circular Cupola stairway from the Main-Level Foyer. The Bedroom and Bath are separated by a private bay-windowed alcove (Pictured at bottom) featuring two built-in desks and window seats with deep drawers underneath.
Master Bedroom: Spacious, light, and elegant, The Master Bedroom is a true Suite, with adjoining room separated by sliding glass doors and change in ceiling line.
- Bedroom features beamed cathedral ceiling (with skylights and fan), wall-to-wall carpeting, and ample room for king bed and multiple furniture pieces;
- Adjoining room has beamed ceilings, three walls of floor-to-ceiling windows, and double sliding glass doors (with palladiums above) access to private Deck. Ideal as Summer Sleeping Room,
- Sitting Room, Studio, Crafts Room, etc.
Master Bath: The double Jacuzzi tub in a bay-windowed alcove (pictured above right) is the centerpiece of this large and luxurious Master Bath.
- Tile floor; beamed, vaulted ceiling with skylights; palladiums above bay windows;
- Double vanity and make-up area with white marble countertops, custom cabinetry;
- Separate steam shower and commode areas with smoked privacy glass;
- Large walk-in Closet with built-ins;
- Auxiliary heat for added comfort
Interior – Terrace Level
The Terrace Level is accessed via a gentle, well-lit stairway, and features a central Foyer, spacious multi-purpose room, two Bedrooms, two Full Baths, Wine Cellar, large Cedar Storage Room, and a Spa featuring an in-ground 18’ long, heated “Resistance Pool” with cedar decking.
- Multi-Purpose Room ideal as Studio, Office, Family Room, this room features double-door entry, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, custom built-ins, and a wall of windows and glass-door access to large exterior flat-stone patio, and gentle, stone walkway around the home;
- Each Bedroom has two Closets and Full Bath with tile floor, tub/shower combination, pink-veined marble countertops from Tate, GA.
- Wine Cellar has custom built-in “wine-bottle-shelving” and storage cabinets; can also serve as “Tornado Room” for added peace of mind;
- Large cedar Storage Room provides abundant room for seasonal items;
- Spa features top-of-the-line 18’ long, heated “Swim-In-Place Swim Spa Resistance Pool” (pictured below left) by Swimex; cedar decking surrounds the pool, and large, high-on-the-wall windows flood the Spa with natural light while still allowing privacy.
Additional Fine Features
- Homasote Board Panels under Main, Upper Level flooring for added sound insulation;
- Added external and internal wall insulation for heat and sound;
- Exterior walls are six-inch thick; 5/8 drywall used;
- Cladding applied prior to affixing cedar to exterior;
- Complete-home lightning rod system;
- Cedar Decks;
- Four HVAC zones – each with its own furnace and compressor;
- All new HVAC units installed 2012-2015;
- Pella Windows and Doors;
- Solid-wood doors throughout;
- Custom cabinetry throughout;
- Ash hardwood flooring;
- Tongue-and-groove ceilings made of Vermont Pine;
- Pink-veined, natural white marble vanities and floors from Tate, GA;
- Recessed and accent lighting throughout;
- Double Jacuzzi Tub and large steam shower in Master Bath;
- Ceiling fans throughout;
- New roof installed in 2009;
- Motion-sensor lighting at both corners of 2-car Garage;
- Two water-heaters on Amicalola lease plan;
- “Instant Hot” Water Heater
- 1,000-gallon septic tank – cleaned in 2009
- Gutter Guards throughout;
- Floored Attic;
- Easy-build space for 3rd Garage;
- Driveway sealed in 2015
(All information believed accurate but not warranted.)