Enjoy incomparable views of Lake Petit (and surrounding mountains) from multiple rooms, decks, and screened porch of this beautiful 3BDR/3.5BA home, ideally positioned on .74+AC, with an extraordinary 360’ (+/-) of lakefront; totally remodeled in 2007 (new roof in 2013), with quality, craftsmanship, upgrades and value throughout; light and flowing; Wow! Kitchen; separate DR; Master on Main; 2-Car Garage; abundant storage
This fabulous 3BDR/3.5BA cedar and stacked-stone home features a light, flowing, and user-friendly floor-plan, and a perfect blend of charm, comfortable living spaces and entertaining options. Featured on Big Canoe’s Tour of Homes following dramatic remodeling and upgrades in 2007 by noted local designer Wayne Bruce, this ideal-sized home, located in a magnificent setting, is sure to thrill the most discerning buyer.
Dawson County; Lakeside Neighborhood; private cul-de-sac street
.74AC (+/-) point lot on Lake Petit with 360’ (+/-) of lake frontage;
Convenient to Big Canoe North Gate and amenities;
Generous setback and ideal positioning on a tastefully landscaped, wooded .74AC (+/-) lot enhances curb appeal and ensures privacy of this wonderful home; gentle sloping circular driveway with “exit” to level parking pad and attached, Kitchen-level 2-Car Garage.
- Cedar siding, skirted in stacked stone;
- New (2013) multi-pitched, shingle-shake roof;
- Flat-stone covered main entry;
- Wide, house-length Decks on Main & Terrace Levels with exterior access to lake;
- Terrace Level has large Screened Porch and Dry-Below ceiling on Deck;
- Attached, Kitchen-level 2-Car Garage has Workroom with interior/exterior access;
- Gentle exterior stairway to Storage Area and lake from driveway
Interior – Main Level
It is truly a challenge to do justice to the quality, craftsmanship, and benefits of this fabulous home in a presentation such as this…..And while a picture may be worth a thousand words, even those offered can’t capture the idyllic “feel” of 142 Woodpecker Way and its setting…….But from the moment you enter the Main Level via the solid wood door (framed by sidelights and transom), you will indeed experience this wonderful “feel” – from the large, welcoming Foyer; to the spacious Living Area flooded with natural light by the wall of windows overlooking Lake Petit; to the stunning lake and mountain views beyond…….from the pegged-wood floors and the double-crown molding, to the handsome custom cabinetry throughout .
Offering one of two entries to the front of home, this large Foyer opens up to the spacious Great Room while separating the 2-Car Garage from the heart-of-the-home. The light, open Foyer provides convenient access to the Office/Laundry Room (and the Garage beyond), the eat-in Kitchen, Dining Room, stairway to the Terrace Level – and of course, the spacious Living Room.
- Wall of floor-to-ceiling windows and glass door flood area with natural light;
- Tree-trunk columns separate Foyer/Great Room
- Plenty of room for furniture pieces, wall decor
- The beautiful pegged-wood floors start here and run through the Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, and Den;
- The custom double-crown molding and wainscoting on lower portion of the Foyer wall are just two examples of the fine millwork throughout;
- Abundant room for furniture pieces;
- Positioning and design of partially-open stairway lends charm and feeling of openness;
The spectacular lake and mountain views alone lend drama to this room, while the spaciousness and open feeling make for abundant usage options. The Living Room is separated from the Dining Room by a wall with extra-wide opening, and can be viewed from the Kitchen through a large (3.5’ x 5’ +/-) “pass-through” opening.
The wall of floor-to-ceiling windows and glass door floods the Living Area with natural light while providing panoramic views of the entire length of Lake Petit and direct access to the rear Deck;
Pegged-wood floor; beautiful crown molding on nine-foot ceiling (with recessed lighting);
Marble fireplace (with gas starter) is framed by fine millwork and custom cabinetry
Entered from the Foyer or Living Room via panoramic openings, and just a few steps from the Kitchen, this beautiful Dining Room easily seats 12, and offers beautiful lake views.
- Double trey ceiling (with wide double-crown molding) affords visual distinction from Living Room and Foyer; lower-wall wainscoting with fine millwork chair-rail;
- Large bay-window provides added natural light, room for furniture piece;
- Optional use as Office or Studio, with abundant space for large Dining Area in Living Room;
Located next to the Living Room and adjacent to the Kitchen (both accessed via extra-wide entry), this spacious yet cozy room is a ideal for media consumption, casual entertaining, or just relaxing; adjoining Powder Room
- Pegged-wood floor; beautiful dental molding;
- Stacked-stone fireplace;
- Large windows capture lake views and provide natural light;
- Easy access to Living Room, Kitchen, Powder Room, Screened Porch, and Decks;
This over-sized Screened Porch is located off the Den (glass-door access), with separate access to Kitchen, Master Suite, Decks – and the lake.
- Great for casual meals – or just gazing at the lake and surrounding mountains;
- Diagonal-plank floor; vaulted ceiling (with double fans), and cedar wall;
Conveniently located off the Den, with easy access from entire Main Levl
Stained glass window provides natural light, privacy
Wow! A true chef’s delight, with abundant work space, cabinetry/pantry space, and top-of-the-line appliances; open, step-saving design; and abundant natural light and ventilation.
- Pegged-wood floor; crown-molding; recessed, drop-down, and under-counter lighting;
- Granite countertops with designer stone backsplashes;
- Beautiful cherry cabinetry – pull-out drawers, utility cabinet for small appliances;
- Oversized island for food preparation, storage, and eating;
- Eat-In area overlooking gardens through double windows (with Plantation Shutters);
- Large walk-in Pantry with 2nd refrigerator; pull-down stairs to floored Attic;
- Built-in desk with drawers and glass-front cherry cabinetry above;
- Double sinks with view to Living Room;
- Second serving station with sink, granite countertops, cherry cabinetry, wine cooler;
- Six-burner propane gas cooking top with drop-vent fan;
- Two oversized ovens (convection); built-in microwave;
- Short hallway leads to private Master Suite and Screened Porch/Decks
Size and convenience make optional uses of this room almost endless….Located between the Foyer and Garage, current owners use as a combination Office and Laundry Room.
- Large double windows provide natural light and serene views;
- Custom cherrywood desk/cabinetry with granite countertops; glass-front corner piece;
- Washer and Dryer enclosed with bi-fold doors; large folding station; shelving above W&D;
- Utility sink with storage area above; coat closet
A wall of floor-to-ceiling windows in the Master Bedroom (and two walls of windows in the adjoining Sitting Room) provide gorgeous views of shimmering Lake Petit and the surrounding mountains from this elegantly comfortable Suite. Private access from Living Area
- Wall-to-wall carpeting in Bedroom and Sitting Room; wide crown molding;
- Double closet with abundant shelving and drawers;
Master Bath features granite countertops, heated tile floor, chandelier, double vanities, Whirlpool garden tub (with tile backsplash/base, double window with Plantation Shutters, and wand feature), separate glass shower, commode room with heated flooring, and abundant storage;
Access from Living Room or Screened Porch off the Den, the house-length Deck is ideal for entertaining, casual meals, or just gazing at the magnificent lake and mountain views.
One-step entry from the Office/Laundry Room/Mud Room makes access a breeze; natural lighting through large window;
- Interior bead-board and peg-board;
- Direct access to large, windowed Workshop (also with exterior access)
Interior – Terrace Level
Access to the Terrace Level is via gentle, partially-open stairway from the Main-Level Foyer. Double doors at the bottom of the stairway ensures privacy for the Terrace Level, while zoned HVAC system allows for temperature conservation. The Terrace Level features a well-sized Recreation Room, two Bedrooms on either side of the Rec Room (each with its own Full Bath), a covered (with Dri-Below System) house-length Deck, storage galore – and oh, those jaw-dropping views!
Double glass-door access to Deck;
- Hardwood floor; beamed ceiling with crown molding;
- Glass doors and large double window flood room with natural light while offering stunning lake, mountain views;
- Fine-millwork columns enhance charm of this room;
Bedrooms #2 and #3
Each Bedroom has cross-ventilation windows offering gorgeous lake and mountain views, access to the covered Terrace-Level Deck, wall-to-wall carpeting, and good size closets. One Bath has Whirlpool tub and separate shower; the other has tub/shower combination.
There is storage….and then there is 142 Woodpecker Way storage! Three Terrace-Level rooms with exterior and Deck access; floored and walled, with abundant shelving; temperature controlled; one section ideal for storing canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, etc. – with exterior access and easy entry to Lake Petit.
Additional Fine Features
- Pella casement windows throughout
- Sound system throughout
- Four separate HVAC systems (Propane by Mark Heard)
- Six-burner propane cooktop with overhead draft system
- Ceiling fans in Bedrooms, Den, Screen Porch
- Cedar-Shake “interior” siding on Screen Porch
- Cherry cabinetry
- Circular driveway with room for multiple cars;
- Pegged-wood floors
- Extensive fine millwork: double crown, dental crown molding
- Central vacuum system
- GE “Smart Water Tank” (88-gallon with electric heater timer)
- 360’ (+/-) Lake Petit frontage
- Generous set-back on .74AC (+/-) point lot
- Built in 1978 by C. Darnell
- Totally redesigned/renovated in 2007 by Wayne Bruce
- Tour of Homes in 2007
- Approximately 3,200 square feet (+/-)
(Information believed accurate but not warranted.)