Fabulous Craftsman Home!
Quality, craftsmanship, elegant comfort, convenience, and value in this beautiful 5BDR/4.5BA Craftsman-Style home on gentle 1+ AC cul-de-sac lot in desirable Wildcat Neighborhood; five minutes from North Gate; light, flowing, user-friendly; hardwood/tile floors and coffered/trey/vaulted ceilings; Eat-In Kitchen with spacious Keeping Room; separate DR; Master on Main; Wow! move-in condition.
An Introduction to:
10 Bear Creek Way, Big Canoe
Not a single quality, charm, comfort or convenience detail has been overlooked in this fabulous 5BDR/4.5BA Craftsman-Style home. Located on a quiet cul-de-sac, less than five minutes from the North Gate in desirable Wildcat Neighborhood; thoughtfully positioned on gentle 1+ acre lot among hardwoods, native flora, and tasteful landscaping; easy driveway and entry
- Dawson County (tax benefits for seniors); Wildcat Neighborhood (lot #3537);
- Convenient to amenities and North Gate; elevation: 1,900 feet (+/-)
- Entry to quiet cul-de-sac; gentle 1.02AC (+/-) lot; backs to greenbelt, walking trails;
- Rear of home faces NE, with soft mountain views;
- Craftsman-Style, with Hardi-plank, brick, stacked-stone exterior;
- Multi-pitch composite roof with dormers, vaulted lines, covered gutters;
- Rocking-Chair Front Porch; Screened Porch (EZ-Breeze System), rear Decks on two levels;
- Attached 2-Car Garage with Craftsman-Style doors/windows, copper over-hang;
- Level driveway and parking pad; gentle back yard;
- Professionally landscaped by Scottsdale Farms among hardwoods, native flora;
INTERIOR – MAIN LEVEL
The welcoming Rocking-Chair Front Porch and Craftsman-Style double front door with windows, provide fitting introduction to the interior of this beautiful home. The Main Level features hardwood floors, exceptional millwork, heightened coffered/trey/vaulted/cathedral ceilings, and windows galore. Foyer, Living Room, separate Dining Room, Eat-In Kitchen, Keeping Room, Master Suite, Laundry Room, Powder Room, Screened SunPorch (with EZ-Breeze System), and Deck are all found on the Main Level.
The Foyer offers open, easy access to the Living Area, Dining Room, Kitchen, and stairway to Terrace Level; double glass-paned door with transoms floods area with natural light.
- Hardwood floors; heightened trey ceiling; Judge’s paneling;
- Ample space for furniture pieces and wall-hangings;
- Wide elliptical entries to Dining Room and Living Room provide room definitions and refreshing openness.
Living Room: Open and light, with abundant room for entertaining or just relaxing; 10 foot coffered ceiling provides distinctive visual separation from Foyer, Dining Room, and Kitchen; wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with Craftsman-Style transoms flood the room with natural light while providing serene mountain views.
- Hardwood floor; 10’ coffered ceiling with drop chandelier;
- Wide fireplace with Craftsman-Style mantel and framing;
- Elliptical inset on cabinetry complements entry lines to Foyer, Dining Room;
- Beautiful finishing touches;
- Easy access to Kitchen, Master Suite;
Dining Room: Flooded with natural light from two large windows to front exterior and wall of windows in the Living Room; two wide elliptical entries (from Foyer/Living Room and Kitchen).
- Comfortably seats 12;
- Hardwood floors with tall baseboards; hexagon trey ceiling with crown molding;
- Walls recessed with elliptical lines to accommodate furniture pieces; heightened judge’s paneling with highlighted corners;
- Operable floor-to-ceiling windows (with transoms) in Craftsman Style.
Dining Area: Ideal for casual dining and entertaining; open to Living Room, Kitchen, and Screen Porch. Wide entry from Living Room is framed by beautiful millwork, affording column effect and subtle room division.
- Three floor-to-ceiling windows with overhead transoms provide natural light and mountain views;
- Double French Doors (with paned sidelights) lead to Screen Porch and Deck.
- Hardwood floors and chair rail add to finishing touches;
- Raised Breakfast Bar separate Dining Area from Kitchen.
Kitchen: Step-saving design, natural light, quality appliances, and abundant cabinetry, drawer and counter space make cooking and entertaining a joy; open to Dining Area; convenient to Pantry, Laundry Room, Powder Room and Breezeway to 2-Car Garage.
- Corian countertops;
- French-glazed cabinetry (with Lazy Susan), and matching refrigerator panel;
- Propane cook-top, built-in Kitchen-Aide oven and microwave;
- Large elliptical palladium window over sink;
- Recessed lighting, under-counter lighting, and decorative fluorescent lighting.
Kitchen/Breakfast Room/Keeping Room/SunPorch: With wide elliptical entries from the Living and Dining Areas, this suite includes an open Kitchen, light Breakfast Room, oversized yet immensely cozy Keeping Room, and adjoining SunPorch – a perfect combination for family meals, entertaining, or just relaxing – all while enjoying the serene mountain views. Easy access to the large Pantry, Garage, Laundry Room, Powder Room, and Upper-Level Bonus Room.
Kitchen: Step-saving design, light and open with high-end appliances, abundant cabinetry/storage/work area combine to make this Kitchen a chef’s delight, features include hardwood floors, bleached-pine tongue-and-groove ceilings; granite countertops; large Eating Bar Island finished in black bead-board (refrigerator finished in same), propane cooking surface, stainless-steel appliances, tile back-splashes, custom cabinetry (full-door, glass-front, and open), drop, recessed, under-counter lighting.
Breakfast Room: Enjoy meals with a view! Wall of windows (framed in bleached stone) flood area with natural light; hardwood floors; tongue-and-groove ceiling; chandelier; access to Porch, Deck.
Keeping Room: Dramatic tongue-and-groove cathedral ceiling; hardwood floors; beautiful millwork; bleached-stone fireplace with custom shelving on each side; wall of windows, French Doors (with transoms) provide natural light and views, while offering access to Porch, Deck.
SunPorch: EZ-Breeze Window System makes this Screened Porch an all-season room; tile flooring and vaulted, bead-boarded, coffered ceiling enhance the charm, versatility; direct access to Deck.
Powder Room: Privately located, yet convenient to living area, with tasteful finishing touches throughout; ; wall opposite Powder Room has attractive natural-pine Pantry/Storage that extends from Kitchen to the Laundry Room.
Laundry Room: Closes off from Pantry and Powder Room via sliding smoked-glass door; serves well as Mud Room with exit to exterior; tile flooring, cabinetry and storage bench.
Master Suite: This luxurious retreat is located on the opposite side of the Living Room from Kitchen/Keeping Room area, with privacy enhanced via short hallway with door.
- Oversized, with hardwood floor, double trey ceiling, beautiful millwork;
- Bay-shaped Sitting Room with multiple large windows, is visually separated from Bedroom by room-width elliptical entry;
- Large vanity on two walls feature granite countertops and abundant glazed cabinetry;
- Soaking tub with bead-board siding; clear-glass corner shower with tile walls;
- “Hallway” (with wall of windows, built-in with large cedar drawers) thru Bath from Bedroom to Closet features hardwood floor; floor within Bath area have 14” design tile;
- Oversized, with hardwood floors, windows; custom Closet System installed in 2019;
- Abundant display and hanging space, shelving, drawers.
INTERIOR – TERRACE LEVEL
Accessed via partially open stairway from the Main-Level Foyer, the Terrace Level reflects the same quality, craftsmanship, and comfort found throughout this beautiful home – heightened ceilings, abundant windows, and fine finishing touches. The Terrace Level features a well-sized Family-Rec Room, three Bedrooms, two Full Baths, huge Workshop, Storage Room, and exterior Deck.
Family-Rec Room: A wall of floor-to-ceiling windows/glass doors and heightened beamed ceiling flood this area with natural light, while providing serene mountain views.
- High-grade “Sustainable” flooring; heightened beamed ceiling;
- Floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace with custom built-ins on each side;
Terrace-Level Bedrooms (3) Two Bedrooms on one side of Family Room share Jack & Jill Bath, while single Bedroom on the other side has private Full Bath; all three Bedrooms are well sized, with abundant closet space, large windows, heightened ceilings with crown molding and fan/light kits, and wall-to-wall carpeting.
Workshop/Storage: Spacious Workshop features utility sink, windows, and double doors leading to exterior, where there is easy access to garden area and dog run.
INTERIOR – UPPER LEVEL
The large, private, yet convenient Upper Level Guest Suite (ideal as Bedroom/Office/Studio, etc.) pictured below is accessed via gentle stairway from the Kitchen/Pantry area .
- Hardwood floor; vaulted ceiling with recessed and canister lighting;
- Multiple windows provide natural light and cross ventilation;
- Full Bath with shower;
- Large Closet;
Additional Fine Features
- Covered gutters;
- Landscaping by Scottsdale Farms; drip-water irrigation system;
- Backs to trails, with useable back yard (including garden area, dog run);
- Craftsman-Style features throughout;
- Beautiful millwork, crown molding, heightened baseboards throughout;
- Upgraded fixtures (lighting, hardware, plumbing, et al);
- Oversized tile in Baths; cedar drawers in Master Bath;
- EZ Breeze Window System on Screened SunPorch;
- HVAC system has humidifier;
- New Closet System in Master Suite;
- “Sustainable” flooring in Terrace-Level Family/Rec Room;
- Four-burner propane cooktop;
Built in 2006
(All information believed accurate but not warranted.)
Listing Agent: Linda Travis
O: 706.268.3011 | M: 404.285.7393